Getting between the Hotel and the Airport
One thing that is awesome about Denver International Airport is that it can land three 747’s at the same time. One thing that’s not-so-awesome is that our airport is quite a bit away. This can make getting to and from the airport a bit of a challenge, but you have a lot of options at varying price points. I’m here to help break down the options. The list below goes in order of most convenient to least convenient.
- Rent a car. Parking at the host hotel is free and this will give you some options to move around the area. Obviously rates vary but as of this writing they were $35/day.
- Lyft or Uber. Both offer pickups and drop-offs at the airport. Costs between the airport and the hotel is about $45 to $55. These services are also great for getting around the hotel area (in addition to the hotel shuttle & light rail). There are several restaurants and a supermarket that are less than a 5 minute drive away.
- SuperShuttle. Personally, I’m not a fan of their service, but they do offer connections between the airport and the hotel. The cost as of this writing is $22 per person, each way, assuming 2 people.
- Public Transit. This is an option as well, but it will take a little while. It’s a good option for those who are really looking to save money or who are maybe coming to the con alone. There are two options. One involves a bus and a train, the other involves trains only but takes a bit longer.
Bus + Train: Take the Bus marked AT from Denver International Airport to the Arapahoe at Village Center Station (last stop for the AT). From there, cross the very obvious bridge and take any train towards Lincoln (E, F, and R lines). Trains run frequently, no more than 11 minutes apart. The hotel is at the last stop (Lincoln) and visible to your left as you get off the train. It is about a 5 minute walk. This option is 60 minutes of transit time including the transfer. When boarding the bus, be sure to ask the driver for a transfer. Buses leave the airport hourly at 15 past the hour from 6:15 AM to 1:15 AM. The last bus you can catch where you can make a transfer is 11:15 PM. Returning to the Airport, the last bus leaves Arapahoe at 9:03 PM, meaning you need to leave Lincoln Station around 8:45.
Train only: Take the A line from Denver International Airport to the Peoria Station. From there, take the R Line toward Lincoln. The hotel is at the last stop (Lincoln) and visible to your left as you get off the train. It is about a 5 minute walk. This option is about 94 minutes of total transit time including the transfer. Buy your ticket at the train station before boarding the train.
Note: The schedule will update in May and this information may change slightly. Cost is $9 each way.
- Taxi. I think this will run you about $70 each way. I’ve never taken a taxi to/from the airport. If you have this much money, you’d be better off either renting a car or using a private service.